Learn how to email messages and docs directly from a Pipeline transaction to internal and external recipients.
To compose a note or email from a transaction:
- Go to the transaction and click [Note / Email] just above the list of documents.
- Enter a subject. If you leave this field blank, Pipeline will automatically use the transaction name as the subject. If you type something here, the transaction name will automatically be appended to it.
- Enter a message or select a saved message template. Selecting a saved message template will instantly populate the message and subject fields with your previously saved values. Before sending, you can revise the message as needed. Learn more about Managing Reusable Note/Email Templates here →
- Type in or select your recipients. Alternatively, drag and drop email addresses of contacts (including outside co-op agents) into the external recipients box.
- Optionally select any desired auto-fill tags you want to be automatically replaced with the appropriate value from the transaction. Learn how to use auto-fill tags here →
- Select any additional desired options (described below), then click [Add Note] or [Send Email].
Select from additional choices in the Options section. Each option is described below.
Make this Note Private
To make a note / email private:
- Click [Make this note private (in Notes & Sent Emails below)] to make a note visible only to the note sender, internal recipients, and admins. Uncheck the option to make the note visible to anyone who can see the transaction.
Send a BCC
To send a BCC (or blind carbon copy) of the note / email to yourself:
- Click [Send me a BCC (blind copy) of the message].
Save the Message as a Reusable Template
To save the composed message and subject as a reusable template:
- Click [Save this message as a reusable template].
Append Tasks to Messages
To append overdue, complete, or incomplete tasks to a note / email:
- Click the desired [Append] option(s). This will send a copy of the appropriate checklist tasks to the recipient as well as the composed note / email. If this option is not visible, that means there are no tasks of that type available to append. Learn more about checklist tasks here →
This Pipeline Pro session covers multiple ways to streamline the process of emailing from Pipeline. We'll cover features and strategies to execute before and after the send.