Checklists help your team keep track of tasks and required documents for a transaction. This article will show you the various ways to manage checklists on a transaction.
Add a Checklist (Admins & Agents)
The best way for checklists to be added to transactions is to set them up to be automatically added based on status, label and/or side. Learn how to automatically Assign Checklists to Transactions here →
Checklists can also be manually added to transactions.
To manually add a checklist to a transaction:
- Go to the transaction and click [Add checklist] from the left menu.
- Select the desired checklist template from the dropdown list. The selected checklist will be copied to the transaction and may be further modified if needed.
- Add more checklists by selecting them from the same dropdown list.
Checklists can be collapsed and expanded by clicking the plus and minus icons, rearranged by dragging them to a different position, and removed by hovering over the list and clicking ‘X’.
Sort Checklists (Admins & Agents)
By default, checklist tasks on transactions are sorted by the original order set by an admin on the checklist template. You can opt to sort your tasks by due date instead.
To sort checklist tasks by due date:
- Check the [Sort by date] box. Tasks will appear in order by due date.
To sort tasks by their default order set by an admin:
- Uncheck the [Sort by date] box.
Both agents and admins can check off tasks to indicate that a task has been completed on a checklist. When an agent completes and checks off a task, it is considered agent-checked and indicates to an admin that the item is ready for review. When an admin checks a task , it is considered fully complete.
Agent Fulfillment of Tasks (Agents)
For agents to agent-check a task (marking it as ready for admin review):
- Check the box to the left of the task.
Admin Completion of Tasks (Admins)
For admins to mark a task as fully complete:
- Check the box to the left of the task. This will also update the completion percentage of the transaction.
Edit a Checklist Title (Admins)
To edit the title of a checklist:
- Hover over the checklist and click the [Pencil].
- Update the checklist title.
- Click [Save].
Remember: you’ll have to first open an existing transaction’s page or create a new transaction before adding a checklist to it.
Delete a Checklist (Admins)
To delete a checklist from a transaction:
- Hover over the checklist and click the [X] that appears to the right of the checklist.
- Confirm the deletion of the checklist by clicking [Delete].
Create a New Task (Admins)
To add a new task to a checklist:
- Click [Add Doc Name or Task].
- Type in the task name.
- Click [Save].
Edit a Task Name (Admins)
To edit a task name:
- From a checklist, click the [Pencil].
- Type your updated task name.
- Click [Save].
Edit Task Visibility (Admins)
The best way for task visibility to be added to tasks is to set the task's visibility on the checklist template. Learn how to set task visibility on checklist templates →
To change who will have access to view and receive reminders about a task:
- Hover over the task and click the [Eye].
- Select the appropriate visibility option.
- Click [Set Task Visibility].
Edit a Due Date (Admins)
The best way for due dates to be added to tasks is to set the task's relative due date on the checklist template. Learn how to add relative due dates on checklist templates →
To edit the due date on a task, decide whether you want the due date to be an absolute due date - like Tuesday April 12th - or a relative due date, which is a due date that is relative to certain trigger activities.
To set a relative due date:
- From a Checklist, click the [Calendar].
- Select [Relative Date].
- Enter the appropriate values to build your rule.
- Click [Set Date Rule]. These date rules will be resolved into actual dates whenever the date for the defined trigger activity is present on the transaction. For example, a task set to be due 5 days before closing will be assigned a due date once the Close Date gets added to the transaction.
Delete a Task (Admins)
To delete a task from a transaction:
- Hover over the task and click the [X] that appears to the right.
- Confirm the deletion of the task by clicking [Delete].