Use checklist tasks to create reminders for key dates in a transaction, then use @mention to sync those dates to an external calendar.
Use checklist tasks to create reminders for key dates in a transaction. Reminders can be set for transaction date fields, optional due date fields or even dates that don’t have fields in Pipeline.
To set up task reminders for key dates:
- Add the key date task to a checklist template (e.g. Inspection Due Date)
- Assign a relative due date to the task (e.g. Due on Inspection Due Date)
When the checklist template is added to a transaction, users with visibility to that task will receive reminders for that key date.
Use the @mention feature to sync specific key dates to an external calendar (e.g. iCal, Outlook or Gmail).
To set key dates to sync to an agent’s calendar:
First: Set Up @mentions
- Make sure all of your agents have the same role (e.g. Agent)
- Add an @mention for the role you specified to each key date task you’d like to sync to the agent’s calendar (e.g. “Inspection Due Date @agent”)
Second: Sync Agent Calendars
Have each agent complete the following steps while logged into their Pipeline account:
- From the Task page, click [Your @ Tasks] to display only their @mentioned tasks.
- Select the desired calendar type to sync the tasks to that calendar.
- Complete any steps/questions that follow.
Current and future tasks where the agent is @mentioned (including any key date tasks) will now automatically sync to the agent’s calendar.
This week we'll dive into how to setup, sync, and share key dates and timelines in Pipeline.