Occasionally, you may need to clear your web browser's cache if you are seeing old content on Paperless Pipeline. Clearing the browser cache, allows the browser to retrieve the latest content again.
Safely restart your computer. See How to Restart Anything → for help rebooting all kinds of technology like iOS devices, smartphones, tablets, laptops, and more.
To perform a hard refresh:
- Log in to your Paperless Pipeline account.
- Follow the directions described on the following page for your specific web browser: How to do a hard refresh on your computer →
To force your browser to download the most recent data from a website, follow the directions described on the following page for your specific web browser: How to refresh your browser's cache →
If hard refreshing and clearing your browser's cache (steps 1 and 2 above) did not fix the problem you are experiencing, you will want to clear your browser's cookies. The following are instructions for the most popular web browsers.
Clear Browser Cookies in Chrome
- Click [Preferences] > [Settings] > [Show Advanced Settings].
- Under the Privacy heading click [Clear Browsing Data].
- From the dropdown list at the top of the popup window, click [Obliterate the following items from the beginning of time].
- Click [Cookies and other site and plug-in data].
- Click [Clear browsing data].
Clear Browser Cookies in Internet Explorer
- Click the [Gear] in the top right of the browser window.
- Click “Internet options”.
- Select the “General” tab.
- Under Browsing History click [Delete].
- Select the checkbox labeled [Cookies and website data].
- Select the checkbox labeled [Temporary Internet files and website files].
- Click [Delete].
- Close all windows in Internet Explorer.
Clear Browser Cookies in Firefox
- Go to the top menu and click [History].
- Click [Clear Recent History].
- In the popup that says: Next to Time Range to Clear click [Everything].
- Only check [Cookies].
- Click [Clear Now].