Short Version: 1) Click "Add Transaction" on the top right. 2) Name the transaction, enter its status, MLS ID, etc. 3) Designate listing and selling agents. 4) Finally, click the green button.
Add more information later by opening the transaction and clicking "Edit Transaction" from the left-hand menu.
How to create a Transaction
1. Click [ADD TRANSACTION].
2. Enter information about the transaction. You can always update existing information or add more information later. Here is some information most users input:
- The transaction’s name. Most offices use the property’s address as the name of the transaction.
- MLS or transaction number
- Close date
Use the More Info field to track miscellaneous transaction data such as Escrow numbers and referral sources.
You can enter an automatic expiration date for transactions in a listing status. If the transaction remains in the listing status after this expiration date, the system will automatically change it to the expired/withdrawn status.
After completing the remaining fields, designate agents involved on the transaction.
1. Expand the locations if necessary to locate agents - or search for them by their first or last name.
2. Check [LISTING] or [SELLING] to designate the agent’s role in the transaction. Designated agents will appear to the right of the agents area. To remove an agent from the transaction, uncheck the box next to their name.
3. Click the [ADD CO-OP OR OUTSIDE AGENTS] checkbox to input information about an agent outside your company. This information is for reference only, so these agents will not be provided access to the transaction.
4. Click [ADD TRANSACTION] to save.
You can track a transaction’s progress using checklists.
Checklists remind agents and admins of their transaction specific tasks. A transaction’s checklists are created from checklist templates.
Adding Checklists to Transactions
1. Manually add a checklist to a transaction by clicking "Add Checklist". Once a checklist has been added, you'll see its tasks listed on the left-hand menu of the transaction.
The best way to add a checklist to a transaction is to let the system do it automatically based on that transaction's status, label or side. Learn more about automatically assigning checklists here: Automatically Assign Checklist Templates to Transactions >>
1. Assign tasks. Tasks can be assigned to listing agents, selling agents, or admins of a transaction. Learn how to assign tasks here: Setting Task Visibility (Task Assignment) >>
2. Once a task has been fulfilled by an agent, they can send a note to their admin. Learn how to send notes here: Emailing Docs & Notes from Transactions >>
3. The admin will return to Pipeline to verify that the task has been completed.
4. The admin may mark a task as complete by clicking the checkbox next to a specified task.
Once all tasks on a transaction are marked as complete, the completion indicator will turn green.
Note that the tasks on the checklist are independent of docs that will be uploaded to the transaction. That means that once a doc is uploaded, it must still always be verified and checked off by an admin before it is considered complete.