Checklists are a great way to help your team keep track of tasks and required documents within a transaction. In this video, you’ll learn how to create checklist templates that can later be applied to transactions.
Short Version: From the Admin section’s left-hand menu, click Checklists. Click [Add Template]. Select a location and name your checklist. Enter each task along with its relative due dates and visibility info. Click [Save Template].
To create a checklist template:
- Click your name in the upper right corner then "Admin / Settings".
- Select [Checklists] from the left menu.
- Click [Add Template].
To enter basic checklist information:
- Select a location, give the checklist a title, then add your tasks.
- You can include as many tasks as you’d like on a template.
- Add more tasks by choosing [Add more Tasks].
Checklist tasks can have due dates defined relative to certain trigger activities. Setting relative due dates on the template means you won’t have to manually add due dates to each task on a transaction.
To add relative due dates:
- Click the [Calendar] next to a task.
- Enter the appropriate values to build your rule.
- Click [Set Date Rule].
These date rules will be resolved into actual dates when this checklist is added to a transaction or whenever the date for the defined trigger activity is updated on that transaction.
To make changes to the date rules:
- Click the [Calendar].
- Make changes, or remove the date rule.
Rearrange tasks by hovering over the right side of a task until a hand appears then dragging it to it’s desired place in the list.
Pipeline can be set to automatically assign checklists to transactions whenever the status, side, or label of a transaction changes to a desired value. Checklist auto-assignment saves time for your admins and makes your transaction management workflow more reliable.
To follow the written steps for how to do this, please see: Automatically assign checklist templates to transactions →
If left unchecked, the automatic assignment of the checklist will only occur when the transaction is in the same location as the checklist.
If you don't see this option, it's because only master admins can access it.
- Click [Save Template] to save. The template is now ready to be added to transactions. You may copy, edit, or delete an existing checklist template by returning to the checklist templates and click the gear then select the appropriate item from the list.
Deleting a checklist template doesn’t remove it from the transactions where it was previously applied.