This article shows you how to control the order in which auto-assigned checklists are displayed on transactions. This can come in handy if there are several lists being auto-assigned at once.
Auto-assigned checklists are displayed in alphabetical order by default, so adding a prefix to checklist titles (e.g., 1 - 2 - 3, or A - B - C) will allow them to naturally fall in the order you specify.
Keep in mind that numeric values only work up to the number 9, so letters are recommended to allow for growth beyond 9 checklists.
Navigate To Checklists
1. Click your name in the upper right corner then "Admin / Settings".
2. Click [Checklists] from the left menu.
Set Up Checklists for Auto-Assignment
1. To create a new checklist, click [Add template]. Or, click the name of an existing template to make changes to it.
2. When specifying the checklist’s name, enter a prefix based on the order you’d like the checklist to appear. For example, if this is the first checklist you want to be listed on a transaction, prefix the title with the letter A - or the number 1 - . If this is the second checklist you want to be listed on a transaction, prefix the title with the letter B - or number 2 - and so on.
3. Click "Automatically assign this checklist to transactions"and complete the section to have the checklist automatically assigned whenever the transaction's status, label, or side changes to the desired value.
4. Click [Save Template] to save the checklist.
5. Repeat the process to designate the display order of additional checklists.
To learn more about automatically assigning checklists, viewAutomatically Assign Checklist Templates to Transactions >>
To learn about creating checklists, viewAdd a Checklist Template >>
Edit a Transaction's Label to See Results
Now, when a transaction’s status or label change to match the auto assignment criteria, the checklists will appear in the order you specified.
Keep in mind that this feature does not work on tasks inside a checklist. Tasks already appear in the order specified on the checklist template.