You can format CDA Special Instructions to show bolding, italics, line-breaks, links, lists, etc. using markdown formatting.
What is Markdown?
Markdown is an easy way of formatting plain text so that it can be rendered in a richer visual style by software such as Paperless Pipeline while still being human readable.
How to format CDA Special Instructions from the Commission & CDA Settings page
1. Click your name in the upper right corner then "Admin / Settings".
2. Click "Manage Locations" from the left menu.
3. Go to the desired location, click the gear, and select “Commission and CDA Settings”.
4. Scroll down to the “CDA Instructions” section. You can enter markdown-formatted text into the “CDA instructions (to be shown above Payables)” and “CDA instructions (to be shown below Payables)” fields.
5. Enter your text and markdown, then click [Save Settings] to complete the process.
This is how the markdown-formatted text will appear on the CDA:
Markdown Formatting Examples
Emphasizing Text (Bold, Italics)
Text surrounded by asterisks or underscores will appear in italics.
This text: *asterisks* or _underscores_.
Will appear like this: asterisks or underscores.
Text surrounded by double asterisks or double underscores will appear in bold.
This text: **asterisks** or double __underscores__.
Will appear like this: asterisks or double underscores.
Numbered and Bulleted Lists
This will appear as a numbered list as you would expect:
1. First item
2. Second item
3. Third item
This will appear as a bulleted list:
- First item
- Second item
- Third item
Create links to other websites like this:
[Name of the site](URL-of-the-link)
For example, when you link to Google like this:
[Google rocks my world!](https://www.google.com)
It will appear like this:
Create a line using three or more dashes or underscores:
The line will be shown like this:
Line-breaks / Paragraphs
Just hit <Enter> a couple of times to separate one block of text from another i.e. to create paragraphs as you would do naturally.