You can format CDA Special Instructions to show bolding, italics, line-breaks, links, lists, etc. using markdown formatting.
What is Markdown?
Markdown is an easy way of formatting plain text so that it can be rendered in a richer visual style by software such as Paperless Pipeline while still being human readable.
How to format CDA Special Instructions from the Commission & CDA Settings page
- Click [Admin/Settings] to access the Admin page.
- Click "Manage Locations" from the left menu.
- Go to the desired location, click the gear, and select “Commission and CDA Settings”.
- Scroll down to the “CDA Instructions” section. You can enter markdown-formatted text into the “CDA instructions (to be shown above Payables)” and “CDA instructions (to be shown below Payables)” fields.
- Enter your text and markdown, then click [Save Settings] to complete the process.
This is how the markdown-formatted text will appear on the CDA:
Markdown Formatting Examples
Emphasizing Text (Bold, Italics)
Text surrounded by asterisks or underscores will appear in italics.
This text: *asterisks* or _underscores_.
Will appear like this: asterisks or underscores.
Text surrounded by double asterisks or double underscores will appear in bold.
This text: **asterisks** or double __underscores__.
Will appear like this: asterisks or double underscores.
Numbered and Bulleted Lists
This will appear as a numbered list as you would expect:
1. First item
2. Second item
3. Third item
This will appear as a bulleted list:
- First item
- Second item
- Third item
Create links to other websites like this:
[Name of the site](URL-of-the-link)
For example, when you link to Google like this:
[Google rocks my world!](https://www.google.com)
It will appear like this:
Create a line using three or more dashes or underscores:
The line will be shown like this:
Line-breaks / Paragraphs
Just hit <Enter> a couple of times to separate one block of text from another i.e. to create paragraphs as you would do naturally.