Checklists are a great way to help your team keep track of tasks and required documents for a transaction. This article will show you how to add a checklist to a transaction.
Short Version: 1) Open the transaction. 2) Click "Add Checklist" from the left column. 3) Select the desired checklist.
Pro Tip: Let the system automatically add checklists to transactions based on status, label or side. Learn more here: Automatically Assign Checklists to Transactions >>
Add a checklist
1. Go to the transaction and click [Add checklist] from the left menu.
2. Then, select the desired checklist template from the dropdown list.
3. The selected checklist will be copied to the transaction and may be further modified if needed.
4. Add more checklists by selecting them from the same dropdown list.
Checklists can be collapsed and expanded by clicking the plus and minus icons, rearranged by dragging them to a different position, and removed by hovering over the list and clicking ‘X’.
Admin checklist abilities
Admins who have permission to manage checklists can perform more operations. To change who will have access to view and receive reminders about a task:
1. Hover over the task and click the [Eye].
2. Select the appropriate visibility option.
3. Click [Set Task Visibility].
Edit due dates
To edit the due date on a task, click the calendar then decide whether you want the due date to be an absolute due date - like Tuesday April 12th - or a relative due date, which is a due date that is relative to certain trigger activities.
To set a relative due date:
1. From a Checklist, click [Relative].
2. Enter the appropriate values to build your rule.
3. Click [Set Date Rule].
These date rules will be resolved into actual dates whenever the date for the defined trigger activity is present on the transaction.
New tasks and editing checklists
To add new tasks to a checklist:
1. Click “Add Doc Name or Task”
2. Type the task, and save.
Mark a task as complete
To mark a task as completed:
1. Check the box on its left. This will also update the completion percentage of the transaction.
Agents will typically notify an admin when a task has been completed so that the admin can return to the transaction to verify things and mark that task as completed.
Change a checklist's title
To change the title of a checklist:
1. Hover over the checklist and click the [Pencil].
2. Make the desired changes then save.
Remember that you’ll have to first open an existing transaction’s page or create a new transaction before adding a checklist to it.